Why you should visit Oahu:
- Most popular island, especially among first-time visitors.
- Since most flights from mainland arrive into Honolulu first, this is a great place to start your vacation. Stay in Waikiki for a couple of nights, check out Waikiki Beach and downtown Honolulu, and then go to a more relaxing island (Maui, Kauai or Big Island) for the main part of your vacation.
- If you like to be in the center of action and city life, Waikiki Beach is the ultimate place. You can party into the wee hours of the morning, eat out 24 hours a day and stop 'til you drop!
- If you love 5-star resorts, dressy restaurants and lavish service, this is the place. But on the other hand, if you are on a budget, Oahu is the cheapest island to visit.
- Outside of Honolulu, there is a totally different world - secluded valleys, beaches and small towns, including Haleiwa, the "world's surfing capital". Don't miss out!
How long to stay:
Why choose another island over Oahu:
- If you want quiet place far away from the crowds, Kauai will be a better choice.
- If you want both action and relaxation, go to Maui.
- If you are into nature activities (hiking, snorkeling, scuba, biking), go to Kauai, Maui or Big Island.