Why you should visit Maui:
- This island has perfect combination of hip luxury resorts and secluded wilderness areas.
- Lahaina, the main town, has many hot spots, restaurants, nightclubs, shops and art galleries. It is faster paced than Kauai and Big Island, but not nearly as hectic as Honolulu.
- Maui has best beaches and water sports. There are over 80 beaches with pristine white sand, dependable sun, warm waters and breathtaking sunsets.
- In winter (Dec-Apr), you can watch giant humpback whales play off the shore.
- One the most scenic drives in the world is Hana Highway. It winds through untouched tropical rainforests and cascading waterfalls where you can stop for a refreshing swim.
How long to stay:
5-14 days. Maui is the most diverse island with plenty of things to do even if you stay for 2 weeks.
Why choose another island over Maui:
- If you want more quiet, nature-oriented place, go to Kauai.
- If you prefer more city life, Oahu (Honolulu) will be a better choice.