Why you should visit Kauai:
- It is the most beautiful island that has everything you envision when you think of Hawaii. Kauai's lush green valleys with riots of tropical flowers and uncrowded white sand beaches are often used as movie locations.
- Life on Kauai is very relaxing - waterfalls tumble down fairy-tale mountains, lazy rivers amble through taro patches, and people live the Aloha Spirit.
- Kauai is the best island for outdoor adventures. You can glide over "Grand Canyon of the Pacific" in a helicopter, kayak on Hawaii's only navigable rivers, hike along the 1,000-ft cliffs of Na Pali Coast, or ride horses through rainforests.
- 4 top-ranked golf courses accentuate the island's natural beauty.
- A lot of space, privacy and seclusion makes Kauai ideal for honeymoon or romantic vacation. For ultimate getaway, go to the North Shore, a very secluded tropical jungle area.
How long to stay:
Why choose another island over Kauai:
No nightlife, the entire island goes to bed at 10pm. If you want more variety, go to Maui. Maui has more to do, but it is much more toursity than Kauai.